NEW - Virtual Critical Competencies Area 1 Micro-ToT: Supporting Social-Emotional Development - October 2022
Includes Multiple Live Events. The next is on 10/17/2022 at 10:30 AM (EDT)
Course content will be available 10/14/2022
The ZERO TO THREE Critical Competencies for Infant-Toddler Educators™ define the specific knowledge and practices required for infant-toddler educators to be successful now, to support the future of our children. Area 1: Supporting Social-Emotional Development, of the ZERO TO THREE Critical Competencies curriculum. The Micro-ToT supports PD specialists and other adult educators in earning a ZERO TO THREE trainer badge for the Critical Competencies, Area 1.
Completion of the Training of Trainer (ToT) events only grants you eligibility to apply for Badging. You will need to apply and submit all Badging requirements stated in the Badged Trainer Overview 14 calendar days after attending the ToT. You are not considered Badged until you receive your ZERO TO THREE Badge in your eLearn Dashboard.
ZERO TO THREE badged trainers are permitted to deliver the Area 1 Critical Competencies Course curriculum (6 modules; 18 clock hours of Critical Competencies professional development) in synchronous virtual, hybrid, and in-person formats.
Area 1 Micro-ToT Objectives: Participant trainers will…
- Identify, recognize, analyze, and build understanding of Area 1 ZERO TO THREE Critical Competencies for Infant-Toddler Educators™ that support social-emotional development in children, ages birth through 3;
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts within each of the six Area 1 modules;
- Gain knowledge of the learning objectives within each Area 1 module;
- Enhance and demonstrate knowledge of strategies to create trusting and respectful interactions with and among training participants;
- Contribute to the development of interactive learning activities for each module using adult learning principles as a foundation; and
- Develop capacity to deliver Critical Competencies Area 1 training modules and implement participant evaluation protocols and documentation for CEUs, clock or credit hours.
Area 1 Micro-ToT Length: ZERO TO THREE Faculty will guide a cohort of up to 20 trainers through an intensive five-part virtual training of trainers’ course.
Each virtual ZERO TO THREE Critical Competencies for Infant-Toddler Educators™ Micro-ToT consists of five parts:
- ZERO TO THREE Critical Competencies for Infant-Toddler Educators™ Online Course (Area 1, 2 or 3)
- Overview and Orientation meeting
- ZERO TO THREE Critical Competencies for Infant-Toddler Educators™ 2-Day Virtual Trainer Seminar
- Wrap-up web meeting
- Additional virtual trainer support
The Area 1 sessions total up to 18 clock hours: up to 16 hours of self-study, asynchronous and live content instruction and delivery discussion; and 2 hours of additional trainer role information, activity, and support. Please note that the total clock hour time estimate does not include an additional 2-3 hours outside of web meetings for preparation, reflection, knowledge assessment activities, and implementation planning; or participant breaks during the micro-ToT. Additionally, badged trainers have access to up to 12 hours of support annually via our Expert Faculty Office Hours.
Live sessions MUST be accessed through the eLearn Platform.
Attendance Verification codes are used to automate attendance. Codes will be given in the live sessions and must be put into their corresponding boxes under the Content tab. This will unlock additional course content.
Cancellation/Refund Policy All cancellation/refund requests must be received in writing by email to ZERO TO THREE (ZTT) at least thirty (30) days before the event start date. Refund requests will be processed within 30 days after the request is received. No refunds will be made within 30 days of the event start date. All sales within 30 days of an event are final.
Transfers Registrations may be transferred to an identical event in the future, or to another person. Transfers to future events must be received by email to ZTT at least 30 days before the original event’s start date. If transferring to another person, the original registrant should submit a transfer notice at least one (1) business day prior to the event start date. It should include the name of the person to whom the registration is being transferred along with the phone number and email of the substitute.
Send cancellation / refund / transfer related correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|