Prenatal to Age Five (P-5) Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training
The Prenatal to Age 5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies consist of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for effective work with expectant parents, infants, young children, and their families. The content in the Prenatal to Age 5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training is linked to the eight competency domains developed by the Prenatal to Age 5 Workforce Development Project. These domains are:
1. Early Childhood Development
2. Family-Centered Practice
3. Relationship-Based Practice
4. Health and Developmental Protective and Risk Factors
5. Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness
6. Leadership to Meet Family Needs and Improve Services and Systems
7. Professional and Ethical Practices
8. Service Planning, Coordination, and Collaboration
These competency domains enhance and do not replace professionals’ existing discipline-specific competencies. They permit cross-sector coordination and collaboration on behalf of the prenatal to age 5 population.
Registrants will have 365 days to complete this course beginning on the registration date.